Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Discuss the etiology of trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis (BV), and candidiasis.
2. Compare and contrast the clinical manifestations of trichomoniasis, BV, and candidiasis.
3. State the clinical and laboratory criteria for the diagnosis of trichomoniasis, BV, and candidiasis.
4. Discuss the clinical management of vaginitis to include treatment, follow-up, patient counseling and partner management.
5. Discuss non-infectious causes of vaginitis to be considered in the differential diagnosis.
This curricular outline was developed by the Curriculum Committee of the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers. This project was funded through a grant by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.