Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Define Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
2. Discuss the epidemiology and risk factors associated with PID
3 . List the clinical and laboratory criteria for diagnosis of PID
4. Discuss clinical management of PID to include treatment, follow-up, patient counseling, and partner management
5. List the criteria for hospitalization referral and possible sequelae to PID
6. Discuss the relationship and management of PID with co-infection with HIV
This curricular outline was developed by the Curriculum Committee of the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers. This project was funded through a grant by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.