Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Discuss the current epidemiology and risk factors for genital HPV.
2. Describe the pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of genital HPV.
3. Explain the current diagnostic methods for genital warts and cervical disease and the applications for HPV testing.
4. Discuss the treatment options for genital warts.
5. Deliver appropriate patient counseling and partner management messages.
6. Describe indications and recommendations for the HPV vaccines
This curricular outline was developed by the Curriculum Committee of the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers. This project was funded through a grant by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.