Upon completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Describe the epidemiology of chlamydia
2. Identify the clinical manifestations of chlamydia-related syndromes in adults and infants
3. State the advantages and disadvantages of laboratory methods available to diagnose chlamydial infections
4. Perform appropriate screening and sample collection strategies
5. List the current recommended treatments for chlamydia and related syndromes
6. Summarize the clinical and community-based strategies for chlamydia prevention to include counseling messages, barrier contraception, and partner management
This curricular outline was developed by the Curriculum Committee of the National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers. This project was funded through a grant by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.