The 2015 Guidelines update the previous 2010 Guidelines with new guidance, including
- Alternative treatment regimens for Neisseria gonorrhoeae;
- Updated treatment for chlamydial infections during pregnancy;
- Use of nucleic acid amplification tests for the diagnosis of Trichomonas vaginalis;
- Updated recommendations for diagnostic evaluation of urethritis;
- The role of Mycoplasma genitalium in urethritis/cervicitis and treatment-related implications;
- An additional treatment option for genital warts;
- Updated HPV vaccine recommendations and counseling messages;
- Screening recommendations for gonorrhea and chlamydia;
- Screening recommendations, including Hepatitis C, for men who have sex with men; and
- Information on the clinical management of transgender individuals.
CDC’s Division of STD Prevention and the National Network of STD Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) will host the 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines Overview Webinar on June 22, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. ET to conduct an in-depth discussion on these and other changes in the Guidelines.